44 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005
Effective Date: 12/01/2019
Consumers’ Rights Under the CCPA
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), a company meeting certain criteria must provide privacy policies which outline California consumers’ privacy-related rights, and the obligations of the company thereto.
Data Privacy Context
JobDiva, Inc. is a popular technology platform, which gives clients—largely staffing organizations—access to digital and often robotic tools that help them manage resumes for jobs quickly, engage their workforce, advance and coordinate sales relationships, produce data-rich business reports and track the recruitment lifecycle step-by-step; in other words, JobDiva, Inc. works as a bridge between staffing organizations and their individual proprietary universe of talent.
In the course of their usage of JobDiva, Inc.’s tools, JobDiva, Inc.’s clients might receive resumes from applicants, receive resumes by referrals, access resumes on job boards and other resume sources to which they subscribe, or obtain resumes through other legal means, and then store and use those resumes to reach out to available candidates, when relevant openings arise. JobDiva clients might then use that information to track the candidate’s progress through the recruitment lifecycle, such as interview and hire; JobDiva, Inc. also provides the technological capabilities to redact candidate information, should the candidate request as much from an individual client.
As part of JobDiva, Inc.’s relationship with its clients, JobDiva, Inc. requests that JobDiva, Inc. clients pledge to protect the candidate and business contact data which they collect and therefore control for their business purposes only. JobDiva, Inc. does not, however, control such data; JobDiva, Inc.’s role is merely to process the decisions, actions and operations determined by JobDiva, Inc.’s clients. In other words, JobDiva, Inc. makes available the means by which business decisions and actions can be taken relative to consumers’ data.
If JobDiva, Inc. finds that a client is transgressing the boundaries of public laws or JobDiva, Inc.’s policies governing privacy, JobDiva, Inc. reserves the right to sever a relationship with such client.
Consumers whose information has been collected in the form of cookies may request actions relative to that data from JobDiva, Inc. However, if consumers’ information has been collected by JobDiva, Inc.’s technology, requests should be sent to the specific JobDiva, Inc. client who is responsible for the disposition of the data in question.
JobDiva, Inc.’s revenue comes from the value of the technology provided to clients, not from consumers’ data. Therefore, consumer data requests should be sent directly to the clients in possession of data collected or used in the pursuit of business objectives, and not to JobDiva, Inc.
It should be noted that JobDiva, Inc. is self-certified as compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield data protection regulation, which constitutes an even more rigorous matrix of regulations for vendors such as JobDiva, Inc.
Information Requests Under the CCPA
- The type of personal information the JobDiva client has collected about you, if any
- The means of collecting that information, if applicable
- The reasons for collecting that information, if applicable
- The third parties, if any, with whom that information has been shared (usually not applicable)
- The specific details related to you which the JobDiva client has collected, if applicable
- While it is not applicable nor it is part of the JobDiva offering or its clients, we will share with you any sales or revenue-related disclosures of your data to other parties
When you contact the JobDiva, Inc. client about your information, or JobDiva, Inc. about client data pertaining to you, you must clearly explain the action you would like JobDiva, Inc. or the JobDiva client to make in respect of your data—data access, portability (the ability to retrieve the data JobDiva, Inc. holds) or deletion. In order to perform any of these actions and receive your data, you must share with JobDiva, Inc. sufficient personal information for us to verify your identity.
JobDiva, Inc. and its clients pledge not to discriminate against you based on your exercise of your rights under the CCPA.
Information Collected by Means of JobDiva
- Information the JobDiva Platform Makes It Possible to Collect. JobDiva, Inc.’s technology affords its clients the means by which clients can perform the operations described below. Any consumer data requests related to the below should be forwarded to the client of JobDiva, Inc. who collected, used or otherwise disposed of the below information.
- Information for Business Purposes: Via JobDiva, Inc.’s products, JobDiva, Inc.’s clients can acquire, store and use the data of individuals such as job candidates, customers, business contacts, prospects and third parties. Job applicants can also use JobDiva, Inc.’s products to send JobDiva, Inc. clients their resumes, CVs, on-boarding documents and further forms of personal information. JobDiva, Inc. clients can collect candidates’ resumes from job boards and job aggregators using the JobDiva platform; any information JobDiva, Inc.’s clients collect has already been made available publicly via such sources. The JobDiva platform also stores communications between candidates/applicants/clients and JobDiva, Inc.’s clients. The JobDiva platform also makes it possible for JobDiva, Inc.’s clients to leverage stored candidate and contacts information in order to contact those candidates and contacts for business purposes, such as open jobs. JobDiva, Inc.’s clients pledge to use the information they control solely for business purposes and only so long as they are relevant for such purposes. Any violation of this standard could result in the termination of JobDiva, Inc.’s vendor-client relationship. As mentioned, JobDiva, Inc. does not control the information collected in these ways. JobDiva, Inc. processes the data and information which JobDiva, Inc.’s clients manage and control using JobDiva, Inc.’s products.
Generally, JobDiva, Inc.’s clients store the following types of personal data of consumers:
- Legal Name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Work experience
- Educational experience
- Email communications between JobDiva, Inc. clients and consumers
- Notes regarding consumers
The Disclosure of Personal Data
JobDiva, Inc. does not disclose personal data to third parties.
JobDiva, Inc. engages third parties to physically host JobDiva, Inc.’s servers, but this does not enable the third party access to the data nor does it entail the direct disclosure of personal information to the third parties which JobDiva engages for hosting purposes. JobDiva, Inc.’s Information Technology personnel monitors these servers constantly to ensure that no breaches of privacy have occurred. JobDiva, Inc. additionally uses the latest encryption technology to transfer protected information. JobDiva, Inc. staff is obliged by employee agreements to secure the privacy of any data to which they may have access, if applicable.